By clicking this link you will be taken to the Parish Nurse Facebook page.
Welcome to our website.
We opened a new worship centre in August 2020 and you can have a video tour around the new facility. We have now started work on linking the new building to the old building, and we have created a brand-new prayer lounge. We hope you enjoy the tour around our church.
Of course, there is nothing like experiencing the real thing and you would be very welcome to join us on a Sunday, Services start at 10.30am. You DO NOT have to book. You can still wear a face covering if you wish, but it is no longer compulsory, all we ask is that you respect those people that still want to wear masks or social distance. You will enjoy live worship, with a combination of piano, flute, sax, and cornet and videos. We are now allowed to sing and we do! We run a Sunday Club for children 5-11, an 12-18, and we plan to reopen our creche facilities shortly. Parents are welcome to bring their babies and toddlers to the service and use the Creche room if needed.
Whilst our ministries have been curtailed because of the pandemic, we will be reopening some of our previous ministries as well as introducing new initiatives shortly. So, lookout for:
- Parish Nursing Surgery
- Forget Me Not Dementia Group (New)
- Tech Know – helping people to connect with technology (New)
- Talking Point – the chance to talk to people and where appropriate to be sign posted to support networks. (New)
- Knit and Natter craft group.
- House Groups
We are investing heavily in these ministries, as we connect with the community the Lord has asked us to serve.
our Aim is to be:
Risk Taking (People of Faith)
Pilgrim People of God
The services will be available on the website later in the week. If you have any questions/ responses to the sermons etc. I will be able to respond by text or email.
I am available 24/7 on 01754 811260 or 07908 894641 or Email [email protected]
Your friend and pastor
Burgh Baptist Community Church
Coronavirus News Page
The Church is open for Services on Sunday at 10.30am. The chairs will be spaced out for your comfort.
You will not be required to wear Face Masks but may do so if you prefer. Hand sanitiser will be available and we would encourage you to use it on entering and leaving to building for your own safety.
We really look forward to welcoming you. Stay safe.
A message from the Pastor.
As your minister I have a duty of care for you, your loved ones, and our community. This has many repercussions not least Pastoral and spiritual. Along with meeting on Sunday we have various ways to help keep communication and support open to all, a recording of the sermon will be posted on the website each week and a CD will be sent to those who are unable to access the web if required. I will continue to send out encouraging text messages each morning and prayer requests as usual. Together with the Deacons the Pastoral Care Team, Parish Nursing Team and House Group Leaders we will pastorally care for you, Ivan will also be looking out for those in the Sutton on Sea area. House Group leaders and ministry leaders can also be contacted for help and support. It is vital that you do your bit by buddying or befriending others by phone/text etc. This is still a very fluid situation at the moment, so if there are any changes or updates, we will endeavour to let you know.
Your friend and pastor
I am available 24/7 on 01754 811260 or 07908 894641 or Email
Burgh Baptist Community Church Coronavirus Guidelines for Services
- If in the last 14 days, you have had a dry persistent cough, a fever, or loss of taste or smell. You must stay away and follow government guidelines.
- All individuals who fall into the vulnerable, clinically vulnerable and clinically extremely vulnerable categories are advised not to attend.
- The chairs are spaced out to allow for social distancing.
- You are advised to wash or sanitise your hands on entry and exit of the Church.
- Toilet facilities are available but Pease try and use the toilet before you come to minimise the number of people using them.
- There are no creche facilities at present but babies and todlers are welcome to accompany their parents.
- There is a Sunday Club for Children and youth in the old Church and they will go there after opening worship.
- No offering will take place during the service but there will be an offering box available on exiting the Church.
- Once seated please stay seated until the end.
- The wearing of face coverings in Church is optional.
- Please bring you own bible, and a capped drink, as these will not be available.
We look forward to welcoming you, but where you cannot come for whatever reason, we will still put a recorded Service on the web site every week
The latest Government Guidelines for Churches can be viewed using the QR code below or at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-guidance-for-the-safe-use-of-places-of-worship-during-the-pandemic-from-4-july/covid-19-guidance-for-the-safe-use-of-places-of-worship-from-2-december